Interracial romance is nothing new but still faces unique challenges. Learn about the history of interracial romance in the United States, its depiction in popular culture, how interracial couples have changed throughout the years and more.
- Interracial Relationships: A Rundown of Issues
- Interracial Couples of Color
- Interracial Romance Films: A List of Groundbreaking Movies
- Tragic Mulatto Myth
- Definition of Miscegenation
- Definition of Eurasian
- Tragic Mulatto Myth: The Reason Justice Denied Marriage License to Mixed Couple
- “Princess and the Frog,” Disney’s First Film With a Black Heroine
Multicultural Children and Families
Multicultural families have grown in numbers and in prominence over the decades. Consider the fact that the U.S. electorate voted a man from such a family into presidential office. Learn how members of multicultural families can best respect the heritage of their loved ones and teach mixed-race children to embrace each culture that makes up their ancestry.
- Raising Biracial Children to Be Well Adjusted
- Holiday Celebrations for Multicultural Families
- Multicultural Literature: Six Modern Works of Note
Interracial Partnerships and Collaborations
Interracial relationships aren’t always romantic in nature or family-based. Sometimes, individuals or communities make a conscious decision to partner interracially in places such as houses of worship or on artistic projects such as recording a piece of music. Find out why it’s important for those who aren’t racially mixed or involved in interracial romances to reach out cross racially and include diverse groups of people in their activities.